Jun 30 2007

Join the iReply Revolution

Bloggers interacting with their readersHave you ever commented on a blog only to find that the blog owner has simply ignored you? It’s no different than sitting down in front of someone and asking them a question and then they walk away without uttering a word.

Rude, wouldn’t you say?

Well, me and a couple of my blog friends (Brown Baron of Brown Thoughts and Mike of Ordinary Folk) have come up with a new concept promoting communication between bloggers and their readers.

What’s this new concept of yours?
It’s called iReply. We know that sometimes it’s hard to reply to every single comment to a post, but that’s not what this is about. Instead, it’s about showing your readers that you acknowledge their existence. And when you do that, they’re more inclined to return AND interact.

What do I have to do to join?
If you’re already interacting with your readers, then you’ve achieved the goal we have in mind here. But posting the image to your blog will be a unique way of informing your readers that you encourage them to leave comments and that you’ll do your best to respond to them.

Where can I get that logo?
Just download it from this post (don’t link to the image, please; linking to this post is just fine though!). Here’s another one with a white background if you prefer.

Brought to you by MeAndMyDrum | Fave MAMD | Subscribe to MAMD

The innovative idea of iReply is equally beneficial for any affiliate program that aims to keep the communications channels open and smooth among various diverse communities. In the era of affiliates marketing, where it is utmost important to maintain swift communication of affiliate information, the inception of iReply is really a blessing.

Random Posts

TAGS:

64 Comments on this post

Trackbacks

1. C: Deltree Life - The Blog of Stephanie Davies » Blog Archive » Tea for Ads! And Other Thoughts. wrote:

[...] also want to mention that I’ve joined the IReply Revolution! The IReply Revolution is a great concept thought up by the geniuses over at Blog About Your Blog, [...]

July 2nd, 2007 at 3:48 pm
  2. GROW YOUR WRITING BUSINESS - For Freelance Writers Who Mean Business » Blog Archive » You Comment I Reply - Join the Movement wrote:

[...] the I Reply movement. Thanks to Jeanne at Writer’s Notes for the tip off. You can display the I Reply button to let your readers know that if they take the time to comment, you will [...]

July 6th, 2007 at 9:10 pm
  3. Wifely Steps » Blog Archive » You comment, iReply! wrote:

[...] Grow Your Writing Business, I learned that a couple of bloggers had this great idea of encouraging communication between bloggers and their readers — the [...]

July 18th, 2007 at 5:45 pm
  4. My Happy Place » Blog Archive » Keep The Conversations Alive wrote:

[...] with each other. Got this from Aggie, the queen of bloggity tips n’ tricks and then from this site. I love it when blog owners reply to my comments on their posts so I’m assuming you want the [...]

July 22nd, 2007 at 8:13 pm
  5. Electric Venom » Blog Archive » Is It So Revolutionary To Reply? wrote:

[...] there’s something called an “iReply Revolution“. Simply put, it’s a pledge from a blogger to respond to comments left on their site. [...]

July 23rd, 2007 at 1:02 pm
  6. » I Joined The Movement wrote:

[...] joined the movement for iReply. Really cool idea. This informs the blog reader that all the comments they have is appreciated by [...]

July 26th, 2007 at 9:39 am
  7. links for 2007-07-28 « PinoyBlurker @ PinoyBlogoSphere.com wrote:

[...] Join the iReply Revolution [...]

July 28th, 2007 at 8:24 am
  8. links for 2007-07-28 « PinoyBlogoSphere.com | PhilippineBlogoSphere.com wrote:

[...] Join the iReply Revolution [...]

July 28th, 2007 at 8:26 am
  1. Brown Baron said:

Very nice. Can I join?

June 30th, 2007 at 9:01 pm
  2. Mark said:

I see you’ve gotten over that “shy” thing. ;) hehe

June 30th, 2007 at 9:03 pm
  3. Matt said:

whyd you put “dont link to it please”?

June 30th, 2007 at 9:35 pm
  4. Mark said:

Ah, that’s because I didn’t want to have heavy loads of traffic calling that one image from various places. That seems to be the customary thing to do — not use the address of the original image, but downloading it and then using it from one’s own server. Servers have been known to crash or ISPs getting upset if an image is being pulled from many different directions.

June 30th, 2007 at 11:46 pm
  5. Matt said:

oh basically eating bandwidth?

just sounds that your saying dont link to this post lol

June 30th, 2007 at 11:49 pm
  6. jamaipanese said:

i’m in ^_^, great idea

July 1st, 2007 at 7:23 am
  7. Mark said:

@Matt: Oh I see what you’re saying. I’ve edited the post for clarity. :)

July 1st, 2007 at 8:59 am
  8. Mark said:

@Jamaipanese: happy to have your support!

July 1st, 2007 at 9:00 am
  9. Stephanie Davies said:

I joined! I have the image up on my blog and linked back to this post. I’ll be mentioning this post in my next blog post (likely tonight or tomorrow). GREAT idea!

July 1st, 2007 at 2:39 pm
  10. Mark said:

@Stephanie – thanks for your support! :)

July 1st, 2007 at 5:10 pm
  11. Jeanne Dininni said:

Hi, Mark!

I’ve joined, as well, and have also linked to this post. I’ve written a brief post about the iReply Revolution for my own blog, which will go live tomorrow.

Thanks for providing the logo!

July 3rd, 2007 at 3:12 am
  12. Daniel said:

We’re interested. How can we join? Give me a sign, please. Thanks.

July 3rd, 2007 at 5:12 am
  13. Mark said:

@Jeanne: thanks for your support! It’s great seeing all the positive responses this campaign has received in such a short amount of time. :)

@Daniel: Hi there, Daniel. Very simple, actually. If you wish to let your readers know that you value their opinions and encourage their feedback, one of the ways to show that is to post the iReply badge to your blog. But this is NOT a requirement. In fact, it has always been about bloggers interacting with their readers. And if you already do that, then you’re really already a member! I appreciate your support in whatever way you think is appropriate for you. :)

July 4th, 2007 at 12:56 am
  14. Matt said:

glad you guys are getting such a great response. thanks for posting this!

July 4th, 2007 at 10:40 am
  15. musicmixingguru said:

great way to get some comments. i always hit back commenter even if they don’t have a blog i leave the message on my blog.

July 4th, 2007 at 2:42 pm
  16. Mark said:

Thanks for your support, musicmixingguru!

July 4th, 2007 at 7:56 pm
  17. Mark said:

@Matt: I truly appreciate the opportunity and what you offer here for bloggers at large. ;)

July 4th, 2007 at 7:56 pm
  18. Yvonne Russell said:

Thanks for this. It’s such simple idea but a great concept… back to basics blogging and community. I’ve written a post about it and linked to this post. And of course, I’ve displayed the button. :) Thanks again.

July 6th, 2007 at 9:22 pm
  19. Mary Emma Allen said:

Great idea. I’ve been trying to do this and am pleased to see it’s becoming more widespread.

July 9th, 2007 at 12:25 pm
  20. Toni said:

I love it. I enjoy responding to my readers’ comments, but having this button on my blog would be great too! I’m joining this! Great idea.

July 18th, 2007 at 5:21 pm
  21. Mark said:

Hi Toni, thanks for your kind words. Your support is very much appreciated! :)

July 18th, 2007 at 6:51 pm
  22. thess said:

Hi! I think this is a wonderful idea so I’m joining. I’ll immediately place the logo on my page after this comment…have a fine day!

regards from Holland.

July 18th, 2007 at 11:06 pm
  23. Mark said:

Hi thess, thanks for doing so!

July 21st, 2007 at 9:51 am
  24. Shai Coggins said:

Great move! I like the concept. Wonderful for encouraging and growing community.

July 23rd, 2007 at 7:20 am
  25. Mark said:

@Shai: Thanks for your support! Glad to have ya!

July 23rd, 2007 at 10:36 pm
  26. quincy said:

hi, i posted the button on my blog.
    i’ll be making a entry about it on my next post.
    i really appreciate the movement coz i myself, is a sucker of comments.

July 26th, 2007 at 9:10 am
  27. Mark said:

@quincy: I appreciate you stopping by and joining the movement!

July 26th, 2007 at 10:07 pm
  28. claire said:

i want to join this movement too.. great ideal :)

July 31st, 2007 at 9:40 pm
  29. Mark said:

Hi claire, always thrilled to see new members join in. Thanks!

August 1st, 2007 at 9:04 pm
  30. Rose said:

I think it is a great idea and I too have joined the movement.

August 8th, 2007 at 12:48 pm
  31. Mark said:

Hi Rose, thanks so much for your support!

August 8th, 2007 at 7:34 pm
  32. Vic Grace said:

I saw this on another site and thought it was a good idea especially as I am making an all out effort to reply to my commentors. Thanks guys

September 18th, 2007 at 10:24 pm
  33. Mark said:

Hi Vic, I appreciate your support. Thanks so much! :)

September 19th, 2007 at 4:48 pm
  34. Rose said:

I think the ireply movement was a good idea, but I have commented on numerous blogs that are part of this movement only to find that they are NOT replying.

September 28th, 2007 at 11:05 am
  35. Mark said:

@Rose: Hi Rose. I’m sorry to hear that. What ever experiences you’ve had must have had a strong impact to cause you to leave the same comment on several blogs posting about iReply. I should clarify that this movement is strictly voluntary and is not a formal group. As such there’s no enforcement or signup, just bloggers doing the best they can. I’d like to think that your experiences are few and far between and were the result of the bloggers having a tough time managing their workload. So I hope your view of iReply will get better soon. I appreciate your comments. :)

September 29th, 2007 at 6:13 am
  36. Rose said:

@Mark- It is sad when those who started the program don’t reply.

September 29th, 2007 at 10:33 am
  37. Mark said:

@Rose: Well, I’m one of them and I’ve replied, and I know Brown Baron has responded to you as well. That leaves my other buddy that I’m certain would do the same, so I’m hoping there’s some mistake.

September 29th, 2007 at 1:38 pm
  38. Rose said:

Mark you haven’t replied to my most recent comments. “wink” Mike must be busy.

September 29th, 2007 at 2:01 pm
  39. Mark said:

@Rose: out of respect to the good people here who have subscribed to comments on this post, please visit my blog, MeAndMyDrum.com, and use my contact form there. That way I can try to address whatever it is about iReply that you have a concern with. Thanks for your time.

September 29th, 2007 at 2:17 pm
  40. Matt said:

we dont have the “ireply” badge on this blog but I love that a majority of our authors to reply to comments

September 29th, 2007 at 2:52 pm
  41. Talina said:

Bloggers who reply to their readers comments usually have much more valuable blogs because the readership is there and is consistent. Without readers a blog is useless, so love your readers and they will love your writing…

I love the idea of the “ireply” movement. We should start a blog roll or something so we can all be listed together. I want to find more “ireply” blogs…

November 15th, 2007 at 11:38 am
  42. Mark said:

@Talina
    I’m glad you like the idea. Hmm, I’ll have to give the idea of a community blogroll more thought. Sounds interesting. For now, I’ll be you can find the iReply blogs by simply Googling them. :)

November 16th, 2007 at 3:03 pm
  43. Blog for Beginners said:

It’s a good initiative for sure. Being a new kid on the block, I do notice that the more recognized the blog is, the less interaction is between the blog owner and its readers.

It’s really kind of lonely when you hope to join the conversation and yet completely ignored.

Yan

Blog for Beginnerss last blog post..The Uploaded File Could Not Be Moved To [The Solution]

July 12th, 2008 at 10:46 pm
  44. Mark Sierra said:

@Blog for Beginners
    I’m glad to have your support! :)

Mark Sierras last blog post..Earn $10 Just For Signing Up With Pepperjam

July 12th, 2008 at 10:51 pm
  45. Blog for Beginners said:

You certainly have made good your promise of replying to every comment here. That’s surely a good habit to keep, Mark.

You’ll always have my support..

Yan

July 13th, 2008 at 12:38 am
  46. ankit said:

Hi,
    “Ireply” looks intersting,but is it the same as “u comment i follow” plugin.I did use that and i did not see any advantage from it.
    Will Ireply work for new bloggers too who don’t have too many readers and less comments

ankits last blog post..Stock Markets : The Secondary Markets!!The Real moolah

September 12th, 2008 at 12:58 am
  47. Mark Sierra at MeAndMyDrum.com said:

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for taking the time to comment. :)

It’s different than the “u comment, i follow” crowd. Where that gives commenters a dofollow link when a person comments on a blog, iReply is more of a way to show a blogger’s commitment to responding to comments. No obligations, no ratings — just a visual way of showing your readers that you have an interactive attitude.

September 13th, 2008 at 7:09 am
  48. Mik said:

Joined and have the image in my sidebar and on my buttons and links page.

Miks last blog post..Jackass who me?

October 20th, 2008 at 7:34 pm
  49. Mark Sierra at MeAndMyDrum.com said:

@Mik
    That’s great news! Thanks for supporting iReply. :)

Mark Sierra at MeAndMyDrum.coms last blog post..Boost Your Gmail Experience With Google Labs

October 21st, 2008 at 10:32 pm
  50. Jack said:

Just found this via your front page and think that it is a wonderful idea. I’ve downloaded the logo and will be adding it later today. I always reply to my commenters. I feel that if they’ve taken the time and care to comment, I should reply!

December 29th, 2008 at 2:39 am
  51. Mark Sierra at MeAndMyDrum.com said:

@Jack
    That’s good to hear. Thanks for your support! :)

January 2nd, 2009 at 3:07 pm
  52. Steven said:

Cool, I think I’m gonna turn on link lurve to my website :D

March 4th, 2009 at 3:20 pm
  53. jack parler said:

Thanks for this. Just subscribed.

April 9th, 2009 at 10:52 pm
  54. Jhangora said:

Nice concept. I try and post comments on all blogs which comment on mine.

April 29th, 2009 at 3:07 am
  55. marko hansen said:

Whattadya know, another site to add to my reader! Google blog search has you pretty well indexed! Mark

April 29th, 2009 at 6:12 pm
  56. tattoo kits said:

I have never heard of this but sounds like a great idea

April 6th, 2010 at 5:23 am