Dec 12 2007

Text Link Ads Affiliate Program Put on Hold

Make sure to check out the update. Patrick Gavin has stated that the TLA affliate program has not been removed.

Many bloggers have noticed problems with the Text Link Ads affiliate program not reporting affilites. Those mistakes can be costly at 25$ per referral.
Over the past two months we have sent 200+ people to our affiliate link, yet not conversions. Averaging 1-2 per month usually, I figured something was wrong.

Contacting Support

I have contacted support about our referral problems twice. The first time they shrugged it off saying that sometimes it takes 20 days for an affiliate to be reported. Instead of further inquiring about that (which would be a problem itself) I thought maybe I had some left referrals to be processed.

A month later I decided to contact support again stating I was still having problems. Today I received a response:

Our affiliate program is currently on hold and will re-launch completely in the following couple months.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for understanding.

Jonathan Dingman
Product Manager

This was the first time I had ever seen something about them acknowledging a problem with their system, that has gone on for weeks.

I definitely think they are in the wrong here without letting people know it wasn’t working. Some people actually spend money advertising their referral link. Others, like myself definitely count on that money every month. Their payouts are always on time and very well organized.

It’s odd that they have stated to me that the affiliate program is put on hold. Yet, you can still go to the affiliate program and promote their service.

The Text Link Ads affiliate program has been arguably one of the biggest money makers for bloggers. Even the big bloggers promote the service, at 25$ a referral, why not?

It’s definitely time for another service to step up and cash in on this void that the Text Link Ads affiliate program will leave on bloggers looking to earn money.

Random Posts

TAGS:

17 Comments on this post

Trackbacks

1. John Cow dot Com » Blog Archive » Remove Those TLA Affilate Ads, You’re Not Going To Get Paid wrote:

[...] we’ve send to Text Link Ads only made us $peanuts in the past couple of months. It seems that blogaboutyourblog was told by Jonathan Dingman (why does that name sound so familiar?) that the affiliate program [...]

December 12th, 2007 at 1:30 pm
  1. Ad Tracker said:

I think T-L-A is T-O-A-S-T.

I believe the Google slap hurt them way worse than it did PPP.

December 12th, 2007 at 12:20 pm
  2. Amanda said:

I dont see how they are TOAST they make a lot of darn good money and google is playing god which is going to bite them in the ass one of these days.

I’ve sent them 15 referrals having made $375 in doing so. seperate to my $700 a month income I earn from TLA

December 12th, 2007 at 12:39 pm
  3. Jenny said:

I was wondering why I wasn’t getting paid for all those people.

December 12th, 2007 at 12:42 pm
  4. Andy said:

I wouldn’t know. I have applied twice and got turned down by them both times with no explanation. Maybe they are going the way of Agloco.

December 12th, 2007 at 12:51 pm
  5. Ben Cook said:

Wow… This is BIG! I’ve been seeing the same problem as you have lately and in the month of October managed to get them to pay me for 5 referrals they hadn’t reported originally. I didn’t have any conversions last month and stopped promoting them but how are we to know they didn’t just screw us all out of our referral fees? Also, why in the world wouldn’t they make this public info? Are they still tracking conversions or do they just expect to get traffic for free?

December 12th, 2007 at 1:03 pm
  6. John Cow said:

Made $225 with nearly 2000 visitors we’ve sent them…now it’s clear why.

December 12th, 2007 at 1:09 pm
  7. Matthew Henrickson said:

Check out the Cow’s post on this. Apparently John Chow says this isn’t true, so I am definitely awaiting clarification on this.

Either way there it’s hard to promote an affiliate that isn’t paying for referrals etc.

December 12th, 2007 at 4:06 pm
  8. Roadmap to Riches said:

This is a great blog, thanks for putting it together!

-Jeff

December 12th, 2007 at 5:23 pm
  9. Tay - Super Blogging said:

Well, that totally sucks. In the past few weeks I have just started to promote my TLA affiliate links and banners, and I thought it was weird after all this time that I hadn’t actually referred anyone or made any money. Now I see what has happened…

December 12th, 2007 at 5:34 pm
  10. Vienna said:

Looks like all those sites that pay for link juice are acting weird lately about their payments (TLA, Smorty, etc). So far only PPP is being honest with it’s bloggers/members.

December 12th, 2007 at 10:00 pm
  11. Dennis Edell said:

You may want to remove it from your RSS feed.

December 13th, 2007 at 4:30 am
  12. Jason said:

Awww, TLA is dying… Too bad.

December 13th, 2007 at 5:46 am
  13. Ruchir said:

Now that explains why I have got 0 conversions in 2 months…THanks for informing. The sad thing is that they didn’t give us an email…

December 13th, 2007 at 8:40 am
  14. Patrick Gavin said:

Matt, sorry for not stopping by sooner, to confirm, the affiliate program is alive and well and will have big improvements coming hopefully in late January. Thanks and sorry for the miscommunication!

December 13th, 2007 at 10:28 am
  15. ajacx said:

hello….i just wanna ask you something? why they aren’t replyin my message? give me some explanation !!

December 14th, 2007 at 3:16 pm
  16. grassdhat said:

I just banned from text-link-ads for no reason. Contact their support so many times, no answers. TLA is dying, they cheat me more than $500. Beware, maybe google penalty made them to scam people.

September 1st, 2008 at 6:16 pm