Mar 28 2008

Comment Friday for March 28th

Comment FridayI just got back from a game of mini-golf. On the ride I realized I had to write up Comment Friday! I’ve got a big to-do list around here so let’s get started.

If this is your first Comment Friday we give one lucky person a free weekly blogroll spot as our “blog of the week“. Along with that we are also giving that winner 200 entrecard credits.

With our recent social media articles, I thought it would be an excellent Comment Friday topic. I want to know, what is your best experience with social media? Whether it is a meaningful comment, a bunch of participation, votes, or loads of traffic. I want to know! Happy Friday.

Random Posts

TAGS:

19 Comments on this post

Trackbacks

1. rodaniel said:

I’ve had a dab of success with social media sites, but the influx of traffic is always very brief. I think of the hits my site get swith these as Internet junk food – very tasty, gives you a quick buzz, then it’s gone.

March 28th, 2008 at 12:15 am
  2. Rhys said:

The best result was on Retro Garden, an article was stumbled a hell of a lot and got around 1,000 hits.

March 28th, 2008 at 1:30 am
  3. Shamelle said:

noticeable difference
    * Attractive headlines matter!
    * I have a few readers who have turned out to be regulars ones.
    * Significant increase in feed subscription

March 28th, 2008 at 2:10 am
  4. RandomThinker said:

I’ve had limited success with social media sites. I had a few stumbles that generated around 500 visits, but the bounce rate was very high so they likely didn’t stick around.

I’m actually having great success with a site called Blogsvine where they don’t penalize you for submitting your own material. It’s not so much of a networking tool as many other sites, but more of a way to get your content out in front for at least a few minutes. Seems to work for me.

March 28th, 2008 at 4:11 am
  5. Malin said:

It must be the traffic, I don’t think so many people would have visited my posts if it weren’t for sites like SU.

March 28th, 2008 at 4:51 am
  6. Owen said:

Well .. not quite sure if this fits the criteria but I had an awesome experience yesterday. A friend sent me a message on Twitter to try out a plugin called Zemanta (waits for you to blog then suggests additional content for your post). I installed it, but it didn’t work so I blogged about my experience. My blog post was echoed in Twitter and within a couple of minutes, one of their staff was talking to me (using the Google Talkback widget on my blog) to walk me through the problems I had with their plugin.

There’s a bunch of social media tools in there … but the main thing was, it was a brilliant consumer experience!

March 28th, 2008 at 9:46 am
  7. Matthew Henrickson said:

thanks for sharing everyone.

that sounds interesting owen. Its amazing whenever I write about a big company and I get staff to discuss with. That happened with sponsored reviews, which was cool.

My favorite social media experiences had to be when I first went popular on digg even though it took down our server. The other is when our post Stumbleupon Using Captcha went crazy and received 2500 hits in a day

March 28th, 2008 at 10:11 am
  8. kidblogger said:

My best experience was when stumble upon delivered me like 2000 visitors :)

March 28th, 2008 at 10:19 am
  9. deloresdefacto said:

I’ve had repeated shouts via Digg users and I’ve gotten some nice comments on my links through StumbleUpon. As far as how many readers I get through a social media site I’d have to be honest and say it’s through Google image searches. {shrug}

Man, I miss mini-golf…

March 28th, 2008 at 10:31 am
  10. Anne-Marie said:

Stumble Upon still reigns supreme as the best traffic getter. But I’m enjoying the mom, health, and food niche social networking bookmarkeing sites like sk*rt, Mom Blog Network, Health Ranker and Foodbuzz. Doing more networking on those sites and I like the content I find there better.

March 28th, 2008 at 11:13 am
  11. Fool said:

I am just happy I found entrecard the community is great and it seems like a big family! I have only been in the community for a month, but it seems like a great place to share blogging thoughts. Thank you all!

March 28th, 2008 at 11:15 am
  12. Erica said:

My best experience with social media was a mixed blessing. A post on our blog was stumbled and since early Feb. has received over 100,000 pageviews (and still receives a few hundred a day) – but some comments left were negative, and our shared hosting couldn’t hold up! An unanticipated positive outcome was many, many linkbacks :)

March 28th, 2008 at 12:20 pm
  13. Dennis Edell said:

Reader and subscribers, but I think the best of all is finding new/cool/interesting blogs/sites/people that I wouldn’t normally during “casual surf”.

Even some very potential business partners/associates.

Ok, a little carried aways with the /// but they work better then commas :-)

March 28th, 2008 at 1:05 pm
  14. Dennis Edell said:

That shoulda been readerS, sorry. Hard to have 1 reader and multiple subscribers lol.

March 28th, 2008 at 1:07 pm
  15. Jim said:

Always gotta remember to enter in that comment friday! Thanks for the contest ;)

March 28th, 2008 at 3:45 pm
  16. Jodith said:

I’ve got a fan!

I’ve been so busy with Entrecard this week, I haven’t been paying much attention to Stumble. I went and checked it a few minutes ago…and I’ve got a fan!

I know 1 fan doesn’t mean much to most people, but it just tickles the heck out of me *laughs*.

March 28th, 2008 at 6:00 pm
  17. Matthew Henrickson said:

I thought Owen left a great comment, so he is this weeks winner :)

March 30th, 2008 at 12:50 pm
  18. Owen said:

Thanks Matthew. Much appreciated ;)

March 30th, 2008 at 1:08 pm
  19. Matthew Henrickson said:

thanks for your comment, i have sent your credits as well :D

March 30th, 2008 at 1:12 pm